We get lots of request for our Simple Raw Milk Baby Formula, so I decided to post it on my blog. Feel free to copy and share this. We simply ask that you leave our name on this formula. This homemade baby formula costs much less than nutrient void commercial powdered baby formula.
Please research about raw milk and it’s safety and health benefits before making your own raw milk formula.
Simple Raw Milk Baby Formula
(Recipe adapted and simplified by Elly Wilson from Westin A. Price Foundation and Organic Pastures in California. Tested. Used and approved by hundreds of moms that comes to our farm since 2010.)
There is nothing more special, necessary and significant in life then the connection a mother has with her children while breast feeding her baby. Unfortunately, some time life gives us challenging times that force mothers to give their child formula, instead of their breast milk. For whatever reason, either you are adopting a child or cannot breast feed, there is a better alternative for your baby then processed /powered formula (loaded with corn syrup and sweeteners, artificial vitamins and minerals-which a baby’s body cannot utilize, and a long list of ingredients that are no even food!). We feel that there is NO substitute that could ever be as perfect for a child than her mother’s breast milk, but we do offer a great solution to formula alternatives!
It is best using fresh raw milk, only from pasture raised goats and Jersey or older breed of cows (Holsteins are not recommended). You must make sure you are getting your raw milk from State inspected and Licensed Raw milk Producers! Visit www.RealMilk.com for a list of farmers near you.
Ingredients: Makes 36 ounces
• 2 cups of Raw Cow milk (get it here) (you can use half raw goat’s milk and half raw cow’s also, do not use just goat’s milk alone because it lacks Folic Acid and is low in vitamin B-12 needed for infant’s growth and development.)
• 1/4 cup raw whey, get it here (use only fresh liquid whey from Kefir or Yogurt, never use powdered whey!)
• 1/4 cup raw Cow cream, get it here
• 1 teaspoon raw Goat or Cow Kefir, get it here (add Kefir for babies 6 months or older) (click for Kefir Grains)
• 1 teaspoon cod liver oil
• 1 teaspoon expeller-expressed sunflower oil
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil
And 1 7/8 cups filtered water (be careful of your water source… never use unfiltered city tap water, they are loaded with TOXIC: pharmaceutical and pesticide residue, chloride, fluoride, ammonia and more!!!)
NOTE: if you cannot find an ingredient, it is okay to make the formula with the ingredients you can find, but you must use raw milk from pasture-raised animals for the best quality formula. Make sure oils are cold pressed and organic when available.
- Stainless steel or glass bowl/container, Glass bottle or container, Nipple for the bottle.
- Mix ingredients well in stainless steel or glass bowl/container.
- Pour into the clean glass bottle.
- Attach nipple to bottle.
- TO WARM: use warm water from a simmering pan. DO NOT HEAT OVER 100 degrees! If you heat the formula over 100F degrees, the milk will no longer be raw and start becoming processed and enzyme dead etc. as the heat increases.
- Store unused milk formula in the refrigerator at 40F or lower. Use within 2-3 days.
Feel free to copy and share this. We simply ask that you leave our name on this formula.
Westion A. Price Foundation’s 20 minutes video for advance how to and detail information regarding homemade raw milk baby formula and feeding your baby. I highly recommend you view it.
RAW MILK CHART